Adapter for air eraser

Jasmin

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi Ladies! I've been admiring everyone's etching projects for a while now, and I finally went to Harbor Freight and bought the air eraser and the pancake compressor, and the 220 aluminum oxide grit. I didn't think to get an adapter to connect the air eraser hose to the compressor, so when my hubby went to a different Harbor Freight to pick up an adapter, the salesman told him that the pancake compressor wouldn't work with the air eraser. He thought I needed a bigger compressor. Isn't the pancake compressor what everyone is using? What type of adapter is everyone using with the pancake compressor? Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Jasmin

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:27 pm

Thanks for all your replies! My husband did pick up a red hose thing, but the ends don't fit either the compressor or the air eraser. The salesman also sold him some little attachment thing that doesn't fit the hose, compressor, or air eraser. I don't think this guy has a clue! Once I figure out how to hook up everything, I'm gonna give it a shot! : ) I can't wait!!!!

Sunshine State

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Jasmin,

I bought the same one. I had to buy a little gold (metal) looking attachment. It connects on the end of the hose in order for it to attach to the compressor. I believe it was around 4.00 and mine works just fine. I can't remember the name of it, sorry!
Marvilyn
MTC/Cricut "E" and Silhouette sd
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sew-Craf ... 00?ref=sgm

Jasmin

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks, Marvilyn! And your pancake compressor has enough power to run the air eraser? The salesman told my husband we needed a 6 gallon compressor!

G-Ma Bonnie

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:29 pm

You need to some couplers - find another salesman and have that one figure out what sizes you need. A manager will help you too... Tell him/her what happened with the other salesman. The small panake compressor is all you need wih an air eraser - I hate it when a saleman tries to intimidate us. They give me respect because they know I know what I am talkiing about...

weluvwesties

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:47 pm

this message board is great.... thanksgiving weekend my husband bought me the air compressor that is one step above the pancake compressor.... he said I can't use it until christmas

SHHHHH.... im calling in sick tomorrow so I can play. with my new christmas present :)

Jasmin

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:56 am

Thanks for all your help, ladies! I will be going back to Harbor Freight today, so hopefully I'll get what I need to get started!

G-Ma Bonnie

Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:56 am

Did you get what you needed?

tbeck1120

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:49 am

I purchased an air eraser with the small adapter on the end that would not fit my air compressor. I went back to HF and looked at all the air erasers on the shelf, the adapter at the end of the hose that attaches to compressor comes in two sizes on the air eraser. Make sure you buy the larger adapter if available. I exchanged mine instead of purchasing an adapter piece. Hope this helps.

Return to “Where To Find Supplies”

• Information