Older Cricut Expression/SCAL 2 and Windows 7

RLN694

Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi all, my old XP laptop that I had SCAL 2 and my CE hooked up to bit the dust. I have been able to download SCAL 2 to my newer Windows 7 laptop and it works fine but can't seem to get the laptop to recognize the CE. Craft Edge has sent me the latest driver but my laptop still won't recognize it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to work? I want to cut some vinyl for someone and am beyond frustrated. I have only really used the CE with SCAL so can't remember if I can just use the CE and a cartridge without hooking it up to a computer. I also have a copy of the Cricut Design Studio software but am guessing if my laptop won't recognize the CE w/SCAL, it probably won't recognize it w/DS either.
Thanks,
Robin

RLN694

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:48 pm

My husband came to the rescue and was able to get SCAL and my CE to work using his Windows 8 desktop. I am a happy camper.
Robin

RLN694

Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:43 am

Kami,
We have a few programs and things that won't run on my Windows 7 laptop but will work on my husbands Windows 8 desktop so I'm not sure if it is a operating system problem or just that my laptop isn't the best. There were some things I knew how to do on XP that I have had to google to do on Windows 7/8.
Good luck,
Robin

Return to “Cutters Compatible with SCAL”

• Information